Thursday, April 1, 2010

Orana Park Big Day Out

We had a wonderful experience at Orana Park yesterday. The children demonstrated perfectly why they deserved such an outing. Their behaviour was excellent and the Orana Park Educators commented about how knowledgeable and inquisitive the children were.
On returning to school we played Sleeping Lions and although I stopped the game after 3 or 4 minutes, I think the children would have managed to "be" sleeping lions until 3!We started to write an acrostic poem but had really all run out of puff before we finished it.
Samantha completed a poem at home last night

Our Big Day Out was at Orana Park!
Really fast flying fox.
Animals are cool in their own habitats.
Noisy gibbons.
Animals need your help.

We loved seeing the endangered animals.
I loved feeding the giraffes.
Lemurs don’t like water.
Darkness surrounded the kiwi habitat.
Louise taught us lots.
I will do my part to protect the animals.
Fish swam in the lake.
Endangered animals

Puddle of otters.
Amazing to see the lion cubs.
Rhinoceros horns are very heavy.
Kissing spider monkeys.

Thanks Samantha for this great work.

No comments: