Thursday, November 11, 2010

Book Character Parade Day

What a wonderful event this was to finish up Book Week. I've never seen such a fine selection of creative costumes. I felt particularly privileged to be able to hold Tigger (Matiu) so he could be part of our class parade.


We had to leave just before the end of the parade to go to our first softball session. We all had a great time there and I don't think Ian (the coach) has ever worked with such a diversely dressed group!


After that the author Ben Brown came to our room to talk to many of the Middle school classes about being an author and his books. We learned that a knock to the head by a classic book is really got him started on the road to becoming an author.






The children (and teachers) listened with rapt attention and then asked very thoughtful and interesting questions. I have found an interview he did with some other children online.
I was very proud and impressed that the children's questions showed that they had listened so well to his ideas and experiences.

Why don't you get a Ben Brown book out of the library this long weekend?

No comments: